Friday 15 July 2016

26. jul mouy

A couple of days after new year's came our time to leave. A couple of days before me Mikel and the gang headed off. They said that we should get in touch when we are in Vietnam. I promised that I would, since I intended to head through Vietnam.

Given that Pat and me are very awesome the owner decided to throw us a surprise Cambodian style leaving party.
The day before we had to check out and move on we were out busy doing the usual activity of not too much. We returned to find that everyone all of the regulars were in the common area, along with all of the staff. It was quite humbling.
Mr Lim himself donned his chefs hat and manned a barbeque, cooking up various Cambodian delicacies for everyone to sample.  A little annoyingly though, since I didn't know it was going to happen I had already had eaten a massive pizza over the road shortly before! So I must have come across as a little rude since I didn’t eat as much as I would have liked to.

The other lovely thing was that we had all the beer we could drink. Perhaps a little too much so. When Mr Lim shouted “jul mouy!” (which is Cambodian for "cheers") (and which happened about every 5 minutes) everyone had to down their drinks, which would then be replaced immediately.

Selfie! Pat, Me and Mr. Lim


Things got late and loud. Some guests I hadn’t seen before came out to complain that we were being too noisy.
At this Mr Lim the owner took great offense and began angrily shouting at them:

"This is a party for my friends, who do you think you are?"

As the man vainly attempted to reason with him. Mr Lim started taking off his shirt and began squaring up to him for a fight. The man backed down and hurried off to their room.

I couldn't help feeling bad for him, but at the same time very honoured.

No comments:

Post a Comment