Wednesday 29 April 2009

Games Can Change Your Life

a lot of people might say that video games are a waste of time, and that little of value comes from them. Well aside from all the hopeful scientific research that claims that it increases awareness or some bollocks, I think occasionally it does have a very real impact on your life. Well one did for me.

for example when I saw the game guitar hero, I vowed that I would never spend time mastering a game like that. The reason being that I have been on and off playing guitar for a number of years, and would feel better playing the real guitar instead!

One hung-over Saturday morning however, my housemate buys the game… and predictably I play it, and get a little hooked. I even got to a respectable standard on a few songs.

Here is me playing raining blood by Slayer:

But one day I casted it aside! no more! I thought, purchased a new guitar* and began to practice.

Here is a picture of me practicing:

I feel much better about it. But recently wondered why a desire to not want to waste time mastering a game, but do it for real was only limited to guitar hero?

I have played a lot of GTA. perhaps I should have stopped wasting my time and take my criminal ways to the streets! After all you start off with less money in that game than I have now… What about counter strike? I think maybe I should join up with some terrorists as a part of my new Grand Theft Auto style lifestyle.

Obviously I don’t get do-overs, saves and things like that, but then I have already had a lot of practice at the games so I wont need them, right?

If there are no more posts on this blog you can rest assured that I have finally realised my dream of forcing fantasy into reality.

* Every time I had been poor up until now my guitar had been turned into food with the cunning use of ebay





No comments:

Post a Comment