Tuesday 4 December 2018

40. To Vietnam

The following day Cassie and I said our goodbyes. She was the last of my “long term” travelling companions. Travelling with her had been good fun, and it felt very sad to part ways.

The route to Vietnam began with a brief visit to Kuala Lumpur. It was a clean and modern city, but if I’m honest a little dull. I had one night in chinatown. There was just enough time to walk to the impressive Petronas towers and then the grand mosque, before heading back to the airport to catch my flight to Ho Chi Minh City.

I had a strange feeling of apprehension as I embarked on the last leg of my journey. It was a similar feeling to the one I had when I’d first got on the plane at Heathrow. I think the reason was that I was once again destined for a completely new place by myself. I’d not actually done that since leaving Ko Phangan in Thailand some months before. Even then it was only the next day that I bumped into Pat.

Really I’d been very lucky to have the company of some awesome and like minded traveller friends for all but a couple of weeks of the trip so far.

Still, whilst I was feeling some apprehension - I can’t deny that I was still excited to visit Vietnam

No comments:

Post a Comment